- This event has passed.
PHC 150: Passive House Canada Trades Course – Nanaimo
December 13, 2019 @ 8:00 am to December 15, 2019 @ 5:00 pm
This three-day Passive House Canada course teaches practical Passive House building techniques and theory about this high-performance building standard.
This course includes in-class lectures and hands-on workshop experience, incorporating actual building of Passive House elements relevant to the Canadian construction industry.
The following topics will be covered:
· Passive House criteria and principles
· Building ecology, comfort and economic efficiency
· Introduction to Passive House design tools (e.g. PHPP)
· Construction process and quality assurance
· Thermal insulation
· Thermal bridge-free construction
· Windows and airtightness
· Ventilation and heat supply
· Building envelope specialization
This course teaches the skills and knowledge required for the Certified Passive House Tradesperson – Building Envelope Specialization exam. A separate content review will be offered for participants who are interested in writing the exam.
More Information and Registration