Note: Due to COVID-19, many training opportunities are moving online and on-demand. Our Training Opportunities page features a list of offerings organized by provider.
To help build and operate buildings safely, B.C. has published COVID-19 Resources for Building Construction and Operations.
For other COVID-19 information, visit B.C.’s COVID-19 support and information page.
- This event has passed.
BC Airtightness Training
December 12, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
This one-day training covers air-tightness from top to bottom in a day. Starting with a short discussion on what an air barrier is, and how to define it on your project, the day quickly becomes a hands-on class that details how an air barrier is made, how it fits at a ceiling junction, how it connects to the foundation or slab, how it works around balconies, decks, and overhangs, and how it connects to plumbing, sprinklers and vents.
- Nov. 20 in Vancouver at Small Planet Supply warehouse
- Dec. 12 in Surrey at the Hampton Inn.
- Request custom training to your city/town here
- Due to the nature of this course, Small Planet Supply is unable to offer refunds for those wishing to cancel. Please choose your course date carefully, as rescheduling the course for a later date will incur a $50 fee.
- Lunch is provided
- More class details here.
- Contact Small Planet Supply with questions at telephone number: 778-379-8700
BC Housing Course Credit: 6 CPD Credits
The BC Air-tightness Training Series is generously made possible through collaboration with RDH and grant funding from FortisBC, BC Hydro, BC Housing and the Government of British Columbia.