Whole building energy modelling services guidelines
In August 2018, the Architectural Institute of B.C. and Engineers and Geoscientists B.C. issued joint professional practice guidelines for whole building energy modelling services .
- Standardize professional practice for architects and engineers working on projects that use whole building energy modelling
- Apply to architects and engineers providing, procuring, contributing to, and/or coordinating building energy modelling services on new and existing buildings of all types and sizes
- Provide guidance on the provision of building energy modelling and analysis services, such as the responsibilities of members of a design team providing building energy modelling services
- Address considerations that apply when hiring or evaluating the qualifications of a Qualified Modeller
- Address the importance of quality assurance for projects that involve whole building energy modelling
- Are an important means by which engineers and architects can demonstrate they’ve followed industry standard practice when delivering building energy modelling services
Page last updated: June 10, 2021.