EfficiencyBC is B.C.’s online hub for homeowners and businesses to access information, incentives and support to reduce energy use and greenhouse gas emissions in new and existing homes and buildings. EfficiencyBC is funded by the Province of British Columbia and the Government of Canada under the Low Carbon Economy Leadership Fund. EfficiencyBC incentives are administered by BC Hydro, FortisBC and BC Housing
EfficiencyBC resources include easy-to-use incentive search tools for
- Single application for EfficiencyBC, BC Hydro, FortisBC and local government residential renovation incentives
- Information and answers to frequently asked questions on energy efficiency upgrades
- Free Energy Coaching Services for homeowners and businesses
- Search tool to find registered EnerGuide Rating System energy advisors for residential renovation
- Contractor directories to find registered contractors in your area
Resources and support are available for
- Residential renovations and new construction
- Commercial renovations and new construction (multi-unit residential buildings, commercial buildings, institutional buildings)
Energy Coach Service
The Energy Coach is a free coaching service from EfficiencyBC for homeowners and commercial building owners and managers in B.C. Energy Coaches are trained energy efficiency specialists who provide building-science based information about the options and opportunities to improve the energy efficiency of your home or building. They can answer your questions at all stages of your energy improvement project.
The Energy Coach, formerly known as the BC Home Energy Coach, has been expanded to include commercial building owners and managers in addition to homeowners.
Energy Coach services include:
- Access to Energy Coaches via a toll-free hotline and e-mail
- Information and advice about energy efficiency upgrades and incentives
Better Buildings BC: The Net-Zero Energy-Ready Challenge
Better Buildings BC is a provincial incentive program and juried competition designed to support, promote and celebrate the design and construction of net-zero energy-ready buildings.
- Visit Better Buildings BC: The Net-Zero Energy-Ready Challenge for more information
Page Last Updated: April 19, 2019.