Note: Due to COVID-19, many training opportunities are moving online and on-demand. Our Training Opportunities page features a list of offerings organized by provider.
To help build and operate buildings safely, B.C. has published COVID-19 Resources for Building Construction and Operations.
For other COVID-19 information, visit B.C.’s COVID-19 support and information page.
Pathway to Passive House trades certification (150P) – June 2021
June 16 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Wednesday, repeating until June 16, 2021
Online course offered by Passive House Canada.
This three-part course teaches practical Passive House building techniques and theory about this high-performance building standard.
This course includes online lectures and hands-on workshop experience, incorporating actual building of Passive House elements relevant to the Canadian construction industry.
The following topics will be covered:
- Passive House criteria and principles
- Building ecology, comfort and economic efficiency
- Introduction to Passive House design tools (e.g. PHPP)
- Construction process and quality assurance
- Thermal insulation
- Thermal bridge-free construction
- Windows and airtightness
- Ventilation and heat supply
- Building envelope specialization
This three-part course is offered:
- Day 1: Wednesday, June 2, 2021 from 9am to 1pm (PDT)
- Day 2: Wednesday, June 9, 2021 from 9am to 1pm (PDT)
- Day 3: Wednesday, June 16, 2021 from 9am to 1pm (PDT)