Note: Due to COVID-19, many training opportunities are moving online and on-demand. Our Training Opportunities page features a list of offerings organized by provider.
To help build and operate buildings safely, B.C. has published COVID-19 Resources for Building Construction and Operations.
For other COVID-19 information, visit B.C.’s COVID-19 support and information page.
- This event has passed.
Introduction to Step Code: Building enclosure and airtightness solutions
June 17 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
One event on May 20, 2021 at 9:00 am
One event on June 17, 2021 at 9:00 am
Free webinar hosted by the Community Energy Association.
BC Building Codes are evolving and we want you to know how to benefit. This free webinar is part of the Building A Legacy initiative, delivered by Community Energy Association, presented by the BCIT Zero Energy Buildings Learning Centre (ZEBLC), funded by BC Hydro.
Intended audience: Builders, designers, building officials, municipal staff, and others in the B.C. construction community, province wide.
- Alex Hebert, ZEBLC Manager, P Eng, MBA, Energy Step Code Trainer
- James Bourget, BCIT Instructor, Principal – RDH Building Science, Certified Passive House Tradesperson
Key Messages: A visual tour of what the Energy Step Code will look like and the changes needed for success with low-TEDI and airtight building enclosures for both the Lower Steps and Upper Steps.
Dates and time
This free webinar is offered three times:
- Dates: April 22, May 20, June 17
- Time: 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. PST
Agenda for each session
9:00 to 9:20 CEA Introduction to the BC Energy Step Code
9:20 to 10:55 BCIT Filmed live from ZEBLC’s High Performance Building Lab, expert instructors will give you a visual tour of:
- 6 things to know about the BC Energy Step Code
- What an Energy Step Code home looks like
- Achieving airtightness – What does this mean for a builder and trades?
- Improved thermal performance enclosures – What are the choices and challenges?
- Smaller and more efficient mechanical systems for airtight buildings – What to expect
- Ask the Experts
10:55 to 11:00 CEA feedback poll & closing remarks
Registration and more information
- Pre-register at: www.communityenergy.ca/bal
- More information: email@example.com