The BC Energy Step Code Events Calendar is no longer being updated. Please visit the BC Green Building Event Calendar instead.
- This event has passed.
Pathway to Passive House trades certification (150P) – June 2021
June 2, 2021 @ 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Wednesday, repeating until June 16, 2021
Online course offered by Passive House Canada.
This three-part course teaches practical Passive House building techniques and theory about this high-performance building standard.
This course includes online lectures and hands-on workshop experience, incorporating actual building of Passive House elements relevant to the Canadian construction industry.
The following topics will be covered:
- Passive House criteria and principles
- Building ecology, comfort and economic efficiency
- Introduction to Passive House design tools (e.g. PHPP)
- Construction process and quality assurance
- Thermal insulation
- Thermal bridge-free construction
- Windows and airtightness
- Ventilation and heat supply
- Building envelope specialization
This three-part course is offered:
- Day 1: Wednesday, June 2, 2021 from 9am to 1pm (PDT)
- Day 2: Wednesday, June 9, 2021 from 9am to 1pm (PDT)
- Day 3: Wednesday, June 16, 2021 from 9am to 1pm (PDT)