The BC Energy Step Code Events Calendar is no longer being updated. Please visit the BC Green Building Event Calendar instead.
- This event has passed.
Introduction to Passive House high-performance buildings
June 3, 2021 @ 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
An online course offered by Passive House Canada.
The Introduction to the Passive House High-Performance Buildings course provides an overview of the core principles of Passive House design and building energy efficiency regulations in Canada. The course also covers the history of energy-efficient buildings, energy-consumption data and environmental impact, case studies and the economics of creating high-performance buildings.
The course is eligible for professional development credits for many professions.
- Understanding Passive House principles
- Insulation and airtightness design and construction techniques
- Thermal bridging basic concept
- Window placement and construction, window components and efficiency
- Ventilation system in a Passive House building
- Economics of Passive House design and construction
- Case studies
This course is offered over four days as follows:
- Day 1: Tuesday June 1, 2021 from 10am to 12pm (PDT)
- Day 2: Thursday June 3, 2021 from 10am to 12pm (PDT)
- Day 3: Tuesday June 8, 2021 from 10am to 12pm (PDT)
- Day 4: Thursday June 10, 2021 from 10am to 12pm (PDT)