Note: Due to COVID-19, many training opportunities are moving online and on-demand. Our Training Opportunities page features a list of offerings organized by provider.
To help build and operate buildings safely, B.C. has published COVID-19 Resources for Building Construction and Operations.
For other COVID-19 information, visit B.C.’s COVID-19 support and information page.
- This event has passed.
Building Step 3 Homes with AeroBarrier
August 24, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
ABOUT THIS EVENT
Monday August 24 @ 10 a.m. – live + livestream
Two sessions: 10 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.; 10 spaces each.
With Step Code, builders sometimes wonder what combination of best practices will give them the confidence needed to build a compliant, energy efficient home. Do you maximize your windows? Double the insulation? At the end of the day, you just want to know what is the best path to ensuring an energy efficient build.
Join us on the job site or via livestream as we take a live look at AeroBarrier – a product to make almost any home a Step 3 home with only a few hours of work. We’ll show you how AeroBarrier works and use a live demonstration to highlight its effectiveness.
As this is a critical time for a mid-stage blower door test, we will also join Brendon Gray from Egnite Sustainability to talk about mid-stage blower door test and how it works.
In this session, we will discuss:
- What is air tightness (ACH50), and why does it matter
- Common sources and locations of air tightness issues
- How AeroBarrier works, and how it can turn a non-compliant home past Step 5 air leakage targets in just a few hours.
- The importance of mid construction blower door test – why it’s important to check this pre-drywall
- How a mid construction blower door test works – understanding the process and benefits
- Q & A
CPD POINTS & BC HOUSING COMPETENCY
This course is pending approval for 1 CPD credit(s);