- This event has passed.
Building Smart with the BC Energy Step Code – Lower Steps, Climate Zone 6+ (Prince George)
March 6, 2018 @ 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm$80
Learn to build homes to a higher energy standard using cost-effective, applied best practices. This province-wide training series is designed to support builders, designers, building officials and others working in residential construction in meeting BC Energy Step Code requirements coming into effect December 15, 2017 (as per Section 5 of the Building Act).
Workshops will cover:
- Part 9, Steps 1, 2 and 3 in all climate zones, and
- Part 3, Steps 1 and 2 for low-rise wood-frame buildings in climate zone 4 only.
The Step Code provides municipalities with a consistent provincial building standard for improving energy efficiency in buildings. Each workshop will be customized to address regional climate zone requirements.
Participants will obtain information on the following topics:
- Introduction to the BC Energy Step Code
- Working with an energy advisor
- Requirements of energy modeling
- Airtightness testing
- Optimizing building envelopes and windows
- Choosing and sizing HVAC systems
Completion of this course counts towards Continuing Professional Development (3 CPD Points in Group A).
These workshops were prepared in collaboration with the Building and Safety Standards Branch, industry stakeholders and consultants. Industry experts and BC educators will discuss design and building solutions applicable to your region.
Register today to learn more about the new energy efficiency requirements.