- This event has passed.
Builders’ Super Week – Step Code for Builders
March 7, 2018 to March 9, 2018
STEPCODE FOR BUILDERS – March 8, 2018
8:00am – 5:00pm
The BC Energy Step Code was brought into force in April 2017. It is a voluntary roadmap that supports market transformation from the current energy-efficiency requirements in the BC Building Code to net zero energy ready buildings by 2032.
The new performance requirements will replace local government bylaws related to energy-efficiency buildings as of December 2017. Attend this session to learn more
about the BC Energy Step Code, and what you need to know to prepare for the upcoming changes. Understand the implications of BC Energy Step Code Implementation for:
- New residential high performance construction
- Cost of implementation in multiple climate zones
- Importance of Energy Advisors and how the EnerGuide Rating works
- Strategies and incentives from a cross section of BC municipalities
- Building to different Steps
- Training and Education Opportunities