- This event has passed.
Building Smart with Airtightness Testing: Part One – The Essentials – Vancouver or Online
June 26, 2018 @ 9:00 am to 12:00 pm$80
Attend this BC Housing training session in Vancouver in person, or join the online webinar.
A building enclosure with good airtightness can provide major energy savings. Potential heat loss due to air leakage through an enclosure with poor airtightness has a significant and measurable impact on the required heating energy for a building.
Building codes require that building enclosures include continuous air barriers. The integrity of those air barriers can only be measured with an airtightness test. Airtightness testing is typically carried out using blower fans to pressurize and depressurize the building to measure the overall building airtightness.
This half-day workshop is the first in a series that will focus on airtightness testing of buildings. Of interest to builders, developers, designers, energy advisors, and building officials, it will cover:
- Quick review of Part 9 requirements and practice
- Overview of Part 3 requirements
- Designing the building for airtightness testing
- Defining airtightness test phases and boundaries
- Mid-construction qualitative testing
- Timing and conditions for quantitative airtightness testing
- Preparing for phased airtightness testing
- Preparing for whole building airtightness testing
- Quantitative airtightness testing procedures
- Recommissioning after airtightness testing
This workshop was prepared in collaboration with industry stakeholders and consultants.