- This event has passed.
BCIT: CESA 0100 Introduction to zero energy/low-TEDI buildings design process (Part 3 buildings)
April 15, 2021 @ 11:30 am to 1:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 11:30 am on Tuesday and Thursday, repeating until April 15, 2021
This interactive, online course will focus on detail options to mitigate thermal bridging, and will explore the following topics:
- Overview of the BC Energy Step Code for Part 3 Buildings
- Thermal bridging review and examples
- Design strategies to achieve zero energy ready buildings
- Related considerations, including costing, constructability, and site quality control
The online course includes an asynchronous course space (BCIT Learning Hub) with preliminary and supplementary resources, and a discussion forum and synchronous online sessions including presentations, discussion, and breakout activities.
This course is meant to simulate the design and construction process of real life projects where the design team must deal with the owner’s requirements, building code requirements, budgets, supplier constraints, construction management, and commissioning activities.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, April 6 to 15, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.