- This event has passed.
Strategic and Cost-Effective Step Code Compliance
June 12, 2019 @ 7:30 am to 12:00 pm$250 – $300
You’ve likely attended one or more BC Energy Step Code info sessions but, as a result, do you have a strategy in place for achieving your project BC Energy Step Code targets cost effectively? You’re convinced that airtightness is a key element to success but what about windows, wall assemblies, and mechanical systems? Will you be relying solely on the direction of your energy consultant for the selection of these components or would you prefer the driver’s seat?
This half-day course will not only enhance your comprehension of the BC Energy Step Code for Part 9 buildings, it will enable you to prioritize the energy conservation measures you consider for your projects based on construction cost and energy impact.
This course is sponsored by ICBA.
Eligible for BC Housing 4 Group A CPD Points.
Using a combination of lecture and some hands-on participation for practical elements, you will:
- Understand the BC Energy Step Code performance targets, and to what extent their achievement is influenced by:
- Building envelope components (windows, wall assemblies, etc.)
- Building airtightness
- HVAC equipment selections
- Improve your ability to:
- Facilitate an efficient design and documentation cycle, from acquisition of development permit through to submission of the building permit application
- Ensure design details, particularly related to airtightness, are successfully implemented in the field
- Learn to predict which Step Code projects will be especially challenging
- Be able to identify and rank the most cost effective measures for achieving Step Code targets, and estimate corresponding cost premiums
- Expand your knowledge about high efficiency mechanical systems and their relevance to Step Code, including:
- Common and not-so-common options for hot water heating, space conditioning and ventilation
- Proper application, selection, and installation of equipment