Note: Due to COVID-19, many training opportunities are moving online and on-demand. Our Training Opportunities page features a list of offerings organized by provider.
To help build and operate buildings safely, B.C. has published COVID-19 Resources for Building Construction and Operations.
For other COVID-19 information, visit B.C.’s COVID-19 support and information page.
- This event has passed.
Step Code Part 9 Energy Compliance Report Training for Energy Advisors
July 29 @ 8:00 am - 12:30 pm
One event on July 29, 2020 at 8:00 am
One event on August 11, 2020 at 8:00 am
Energy advisors have the opportunity to attend one of three free, small group, online training sessions specifically designed on the use of the Part 9 BC Energy Step Code Compliance Reports, the Compliance Calculator and Report Generator, and the User Instruction Manual. Training will be based on the BC Building Code 2018 Revision 2 and the latest versions of the Part 9 Energy Compliance tools. The training sessions will be part presentation, part interactive energy modelling and compliance calculator training and part Q&A.
The presentation component of this workshop will include
- The purpose and intent of the BC Energy Step Code (Step Code)
- Detailed technical summary of the Step Code metrics
- Overview of the BC Energy Compliance Manual and Compliance Report
- Common Issues with Compliance Reports Submitted to Local Governments
The modelling demonstration component of the workshop will include
- Components and function of the compliance calculator and reports
- Where to find descriptions for each field in the compliance reports
- How to extract data from H2k when using the calculator tabs
- How to model each of the Step Code metrics
- How to apply HDD to Adjusted TEDI and cooling adjustments for MEUI
- How to fill out the compliance forms
- How to use the compliance calculator for different building types: Single Family Dwellings (with/without) secondary suites ; Ground orientated attached buildings (calculating whole building values for effective R-Value calculations, applying ACH adjustments, etc.); and MURBS
More Information and Registration
This session will be offered three times: July 9, July 29, and August 11, 2020 from 8 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Each session is identical.
- Get information for the July 9 webinar here (Sold Out)
- Register for the July 29 webinar here
- Register for the August 11 webinar here