The BC Energy Step Code Events Calendar is no longer being updated. Please visit the BC Green Building Event Calendar instead.
- This event has passed.
Step Code Part 9 Energy Compliance Report Training for Energy Advisors
July 29, 2020 @ 8:00 am to 12:30 pm
Energy advisors have the opportunity to attend one of three free, small group, online training sessions specifically designed on the use of the Part 9 BC Energy Step Code Compliance Reports, the Compliance Calculator and Report Generator, and the User Instruction Manual. Training will be based on the BC Building Code 2018 Revision 2 and the latest versions of the Part 9 Energy Compliance tools. The training sessions will be part presentation, part interactive energy modelling and compliance calculator training and part Q&A.
The presentation component of this workshop will include
- The purpose and intent of the BC Energy Step Code (Step Code)
- Detailed technical summary of the Step Code metrics
- Overview of the BC Energy Compliance Manual and Compliance Report
- Common Issues with Compliance Reports Submitted to Local Governments
The modelling demonstration component of the workshop will include
- Components and function of the compliance calculator and reports
- Where to find descriptions for each field in the compliance reports
- How to extract data from H2k when using the calculator tabs
- How to model each of the Step Code metrics
- How to apply HDD to Adjusted TEDI and cooling adjustments for MEUI
- How to fill out the compliance forms
- How to use the compliance calculator for different building types: Single Family Dwellings (with/without) secondary suites ; Ground orientated attached buildings (calculating whole building values for effective R-Value calculations, applying ACH adjustments, etc.); and MURBS
This training is being offered with support from the High Performance Builder Training Fund and delivered by City Green Solutions and Enerlytics Building Performance.
More Information and Registration
This session will be offered three times: July 9, July 29, and August 11, 2020 from 8 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Each session is identical.
- Get information for the July 9 webinar here (Sold Out)
- Register for the July 29 webinar here
- Register for the August 11 webinar here