Note: Due to COVID-19, many training opportunities are moving online and on-demand. Our Training Opportunities page features a list of offerings organized by provider.
To help build and operate buildings safely, B.C. has published COVID-19 Resources for Building Construction and Operations.
For other COVID-19 information, visit B.C.’s COVID-19 support and information page.
- This event has passed.
PH 120C: Exam Preparation for Passive House Designer/Consultant Exam
March 15, 2019 @ 8:30 am - March 16, 2019 @ 4:30 pm
The Passive House Designer/Consultant Exam is challenging, even for experienced architects and building professionals, so thorough preparation is essential. This online exam preparation course is specifically designed for those who have completed courses 120A and 120B (or equivalent), and who wish to write the exam to become a Certified Passive House professional. It gives participants the tools required to write a successful test.
*Please allow at least two weeks prior to the exam to register for the online module to ensure you have enough time to complete the exercises and receive feedback.
Note: The in-class and online exam preparation modules both review the exam topics but contain different example test questions and exercises. Past participants have found it beneficial to complete both the online and in-class exam preparation courses, though this is not required. The in-class exam preparation course requires separate registration (please see course calendar for details).
- Anyone pursuing the Certified Passive House Designer/Consultant designation
Prerequisites/required knowledge and equipment/software
- 120A: Passive House Design and Construction, or equivalent
- 120B: Understanding and Working with the Passive House Planning Package, or equivalent
- Calculator, notebook, pens, ruler
- Please note that PHI now requires examinees to supply a valid PHPP registration number when writing the exam. PHPP can be purchased from Passive House Canada’s website. Please allow at least 1 week for shipping.
March 15 – 16, 2019 – Vancouver
May 1 – July 5, 2019 – Online
June 14 – 15, 2019 – Vancouver