Note: Due to COVID-19, many training opportunities are moving online and on-demand. Our Training Opportunities page features a list of offerings organized by provider.
To help build and operate buildings safely, B.C. has published COVID-19 Resources for Building Construction and Operations.
For other COVID-19 information, visit B.C.’s COVID-19 support and information page.
- This event has passed.
Kelowna: Building Affordable Step Code Buildings in the Okanagan
February 18, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
**Please note this event is full. Please add your name to the wait list if you wish to be notified in the event of a cancellation.
About this Event
Learn about regional industry partnerships that support the development of energy efficient buildings, how research and training strengthens local collaborations, and explore opportunities and best practices in implementing BC Energy Step Code.
This workshop is eligible for 4.5 points with BC Housing’s Continuing Professional Development.
Advance registration is required as seating is limited. Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
7:30am – Registration
8:00am – Morning Session
- Welcome and Introduction
- ZEBx: Regional Experience in BC Energy Step Code Collaboration
- Local Experience with Energy Efficient Buildings
- Achieving Cost Effective Step Code Multi-Unit Buildings
10:25am – Break
- The Evolution of Sustainable Design and Construction Standards Applied to Institutional Buildings
- Life Cycle Thinking Based Green Construction: Research and Outcomes
- Sustainability through the Green Construction Research & Training Centre (GCRTC)
- Wilden Living Lab Demonstration: Improving Energy Efficiency in Buildings
- Panel Discussion: Opportunities in Regional Energy Step Code Implementation
12:15pm – Lunch
12:45pm – Afternoon Session
- StepWin: Straightforward Energy Modeling for BC’s Residential Builders
- Moving the Regional Green Construction Industry Forward
1:15pm – Summary and Closing Remarks
Add your name to the waitlist on the Eventbrite page.