Note: Due to COVID-19, many training opportunities are moving online and on-demand. Our Training Opportunities page features a list of offerings organized by provider.
To help build and operate buildings safely, B.C. has published COVID-19 Resources for Building Construction and Operations.
For other COVID-19 information, visit B.C.’s COVID-19 support and information page.
Introduction to Passive House high-performance buildings
June 1 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
One event on June 3, 2021 at 10:00 am
One event on June 8, 2021 at 10:00 am
One event on June 10, 2021 at 10:00 am
An online course offered by Passive House Canada.
The Introduction to the Passive House High-Performance Buildings course provides an overview of the core principles of Passive House design and building energy efficiency regulations in Canada. The course also covers the history of energy-efficient buildings, energy-consumption data and environmental impact, case studies and the economics of creating high-performance buildings.
The course is eligible for professional development credits for many professions.
- Understanding Passive House principles
- Insulation and airtightness design and construction techniques
- Thermal bridging basic concept
- Window placement and construction, window components and efficiency
- Ventilation system in a Passive House building
- Economics of Passive House design and construction
- Case studies
This course is offered over four days as follows:
- Day 1: Tuesday June 1, 2021 from 10am to 12pm (PDT)
- Day 2: Thursday June 3, 2021 from 10am to 12pm (PDT)
- Day 3: Tuesday June 8, 2021 from 10am to 12pm (PDT)
- Day 4: Thursday June 10, 2021 from 10am to 12pm (PDT)