Note: Due to COVID-19, many training opportunities are moving online and on-demand. Our Training Opportunities page features a list of offerings organized by provider.
To help build and operate buildings safely, B.C. has published COVID-19 Resources for Building Construction and Operations.
For other COVID-19 information, visit B.C.’s COVID-19 support and information page.
- This event has passed.
How to sell a high-performance home
September 15 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
A free online event hosted by ZEBx.
Whether you’re a green building buff or starting your first zero emission project, strategic marketing that elevates your brand, generates demand, and increases your profit margin is critical.
On September 15th, join ZEBx and their panel of real estate marketing experts as they debunk common marketing myths and get to the heart of what effectively sells a high-performance home:
- How do we communicate the multiple benefits of high-performance homes most effectively?
- What matters most to prospective buyers and owners?
- Is the pitch different for a client that wants to build a home than a prospective buyer of an existing home?
- Is it better to sell the client something that they want or something that the world needs?
- What is it like to live in a certified Passive House home?
- How is the pandemic changing the way the marketplace sees high-performance homes?
High-performance buildings are here to stay and supported by fast-approaching codes and regulation. Getting ahead of the curve will save you money and time.
In as little as 12 years, under the Province’s CleanBC Plan, new buildings across British Columbia will be required to meet net-zero energy ready standards or Step 5 of the BC Energy Step Code. Meanwhile, the City of Vancouver’s Zero Emissions Building Plan (ZEBP) charts an even more aggressive course; by 2025, all new single-family homes, duplexes, triplexes, and townhouses must have zero operational GHG emissions for space heating and hot water. For both the BC Energy Step Code and the ZEBP, Passive House certification is deemed to meet the requirement.
Understanding the components that will lead to higher sales conversion is critical. Register today to join the conversation on effective marketing techniques for high-performance homes.
More Information and Registration
Visit the event website. Remember – it’s free and online!