Certified Passive House Designer/Consultant Exam – Victoria
June 28 @ 1:30 pm - 5:30 pm
There are two methods of becoming a certified Passive House Designer or Consultant: through submission of a certified Passive House project, or by passing the standardized international exam. Examination dates are fixed by the Passive House Institute (PHI) and offered by Passive House Canada in cooperation with PHI. Certified Designers and Consultants will be listed on our website, as well as the international database. For information on certification via project design and documentation please see PHI’s Project Qualification page.
The exam is thorough and time-limited, and it is not recommended that you attempt the exam without first taking courses 120A, 120B and 120C offered by Passive House Canada.
The exam is three hours in length and must be written in person. Participants must supply a valid PHPP registration number in order to write the exam. PHPP can be purchased from the Passive House website. Please allow at least 1 week for shipping.
- Anyone pursuing the Certified Passive House Designer/Consultant designation
Prerequisites / required knowledge and equipment
- 120A: Passive House Design and Construction, or equivalent
- 120B: Understanding and Working with the Passive House Planning Package, or equivalent
- It is highly recommended that participants take an exam preparation course (120C online or in-class)
- Calculator (cell phones are not permitted, calculators must be non-programmable, i.e. no graphing calculators), pens, ruler, government-issued photo ID (e.g. Driver’s licence), professional qualifications (if applying for “Designer” designation
March 23 – Victoria
March 23 – Vancouver
June 28 – Victoria
June 28 – Vancouver