Note: Due to COVID-19, many training opportunities are moving online and on-demand. Our Training Opportunities page features a list of offerings organized by provider.
To help build and operate buildings safely, B.C. has published COVID-19 Resources for Building Construction and Operations.
For other COVID-19 information, visit B.C.’s COVID-19 support and information page.
- This event has passed.
BUILT GREEN® Technical Workshop – Courtenay
July 17, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 10:30 am
BUILT GREEN® Technical Workshop
BUILDING ENVELOPE, MECHANICAL HEATING SYSTEMS, AND HRVS—July 17
You’re invited to a BUILT GREEN® Technical Workshop, as industry readies itself for the incoming BC Building Code and moves toward more sustainably built homes.
The workshop will take place at a build-in-progress and will focus on:
- Step 4 of the BC Energy Step Code / BUILT GREEN® Platinum slated house.
- Review of SIGA system as a solution for a tighter building envelope.
- Mechanical heating systems with Heat Recovery Ventilation products review—another component of improved performance, as well a healthier home.
- Support for builders.
When: July 17, 8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Where: 3571 Marriott Rd., Courtenay
RSVP: email@example.com—we encourage you to bring others who are interested in attending, though please do RSVP with numbers.
** This workshop is presented onsite at a J. Zsiros Contracting active project with live demonstrations provided by Cascade Aqua-Tech, Coastal Pacific Insulation, and Vent-Air Heating & Refrigeration.
– Please wear a hard hat and steel-toed boots.
– Parking is available on the street.
Training credits: this workshop is worth 2 CPD points through BC Housing and 2 CPL units through the Planning Institute of British Columbia.
See the event website.