Note: Due to COVID-19, many training opportunities are moving online and on-demand. Our Training Opportunities page features a list of offerings organized by provider.
To help build and operate buildings safely, B.C. has published COVID-19 Resources for Building Construction and Operations.
For other COVID-19 information, visit B.C.’s COVID-19 support and information page.
- This event has passed.
Building High-Performance Homes with Gord Cooke
November 19, 2018 @ 8:00 am - November 20, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
You’re invited to join renowned building science expert Gord Cooke, President of Building Knowledge Inc., at a special Greater Vancouver Home Builders’ Association (GVHBA) event.
During this in-depth two-day seminar, Gord will provide attendees with essential technical knowledge, best practices and expert marketing insight to successfully build and sell high-performance homes in Metro Vancouver.
Earn up to 13 CPD points.
- When: Monday, November 19 and Tuesday, November 20, 2018
- Time: 8 am – 4 pm both days
- Builders have the option to attend one day only
- Where: UBC Robson Square: 800 Robson Street, Vancouver
- CPD points: 6.5 CPD points per day (13 CPD points for both days)
- Review of technical components, design considerations, building processes, and best practices to build a high performance home.
- Overview of BC Building Code updates, as well as the updated metrics for measuring performance standards.
- A panel of expert speakers including; Norm Connolly, Community Energy Manager, City of New Westminster; Nicholas Heap, Sustainability Project Manager, City of Richmond; Einar Halbig, CEO, E3 Eco Group and David Adair, Director, Blackfish Homes will discuss what is needed to move from a reference house (current code standards) to Step 3 (currently required on the North Shore but may be adopted by other municipalities in the near future).
- Dedicated workshop on the selling and marketing of high-performance homes. Gord’s unique combination of technical and marketing expertise will give you the tools you need to perfect your pitch and homeowner messaging.