- This event has passed.
Best practices for working with an energy advisor
April 28 @ 9:00 am to 11:05 am
One event on April 28, 2021 at 9:00 am
One event on May 13, 2021 at 9:00 am
One event on June 10, 2021 at 9:00 am
Free webinar offered by the Community Energy Association,
This webinar is part of a series. This event will highlight regional experience of a co-presenter but is applicable province wide. Watch for more dates to come
BC building codes are evolving, and we want you know how to benefit. This webinar will help the building industry better understand the “performance pathway” of the BC Energy Step Code and how to get results from working with an energy advisor.
Delivered by Community Energy Association, with instruction from Mark Bernhardt, Bernhardt Contracting and a local builder or EA, this session is open and applicable to participants province-wide and beyond. Find a recording of the first offering of this series with co-presenter, Meredith Hamstead of thinkBright Homes.
Approved by BC Housing for 1.5 CPD. Pre-registration and attendance on the live Zoom session required.
9:00-9:10 CEA Introduction to the BC Energy Step Code
9:10-11:00 Mark Bernhardt, Energy Advisor (EA) co-presenting with a local builder or EA.
- How EAs work within Step Code
- Services EAs provide in both new construction and retrofits
- Modelling timelines and pre-design information requirements
- Post-modelling changes in the design or mechanical systems
- Achieving as-built compliance and occupancy permits
- Introduction to the concept of integrated design process (IDP)
- How can an EA save you money? (i.e. design optimization)
- Creative solutions for engaging EAs remotely and in collaboration with one another
- Finding an EA
11:00 – 11:05 CEA feedback poll & closing remarks
April 28 from 9:00 am to 11:05 am
May 13 from 9:00 am to 11:05 am
June 10 from 9:00 am to 11:05 am
Visit www.communityenergy.ca/bal to register. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the session.