- This event has passed.
A Holistic Approach to Roofs and Below-Grade Assemblies for Thermal Performance, Air Tightness and Moisture Management
April 23, 2019 @ 7:45 am to 2:00 pm
One event on April 24, 2019 at 7:45 am
One event on April 25, 2019 at 7:45 am
CEA Workshop Series – Three Locations
- April 23rd – Invermere
- April 24th – Kimberley
- April 25th – Fernie
- Each session runs from 7:45 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
This hands-on workshop provides a holistic perspective of the overall performance of the building envelope when it comes to roofs and below grade wall assemblies. Supported by a wide-range of mobile building envelope assemblies, the workshop will showcase various methods of improving thermal performance, air tightness, and moisture management, ranging from those that meet the minimum Building Code requirements, to those that offer superior performance beyond the Code. In addition, all presented methods will be explored and reviewed in relation to long-term durability, accessibility to utilities, and adaptability to future repair/renovation.
Focussing on delivering hands-on and interactive learning, this workshop will prepare the industry for the adoption of BC Energy Step Code.
This interactive, collaborative workshop will use 15 NEW mobile roof and below-grade wall assemblies. Various brainstorming sessions and group work, will create a vibrant and energetic learning experience. In addition, an intuitive and easy to follow presentation will be developed, showcasing various case studies, photographs, and a wide rage of 3D drawings specifically tailored for this workshop.
The workshop will explore:
– A wide-range of roof and below grade wall assemblies, showcasing various methods of improving thermal performance, air tightness, moisture management, long-term performance, access to utilities, and adaptability to future repair/renovation.
– Roof and below grade wall selection process along with design/construction considerations.
– Effective building envelope detailing at transitions and penetrations:
- Roof to adjacent building envelope assemblies
- Below grade wall to adjacent building envelope assemblies
Early bird and group pricing options apply until Sunday April 14th.
Approved for 5 CPD points from BC Housing.
Hamid Heidarali, of HDB http://www.hamiddesignbuild.com/
Building a Legacy is an initiative facilitated by the RDEK Community Energy Manager enabled by the Community Energy Association with additional funding from BC Hydro and Columbia Basin Trust. CEA gratefully acknowledges the financial support of both BC Housing through the Building Excellence Research & Education Grants Program and FortisBC.