Note: Due to COVID-19, many training opportunities are moving online and on-demand. Our Training Opportunities page features a list of offerings organized by provider.
To help build and operate buildings safely, B.C. has published COVID-19 Resources for Building Construction and Operations.
For other COVID-19 information, visit B.C.’s COVID-19 support and information page.
- This event has passed.
2018 BCBEC Conference and AGM
October 26, 2018 @ 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
Stepping into the Future: Forging the Path Toward Better Buildings
Friday, October 26th, 2018
JW Marriott Parq
39 Smithe Street, Vancouver, BC
7:00 am – 5:00 pm
BCBEC invites you to stay connected, current — and inspired!
As a new provincial Building Code cycle begins, there is an ever-increasing emphasis on energy demand and building envelope performance.
In response, we have prepared an exciting program and range of topics for our 2018 Annual Conference and AGM to discuss these highly relevant upcoming developments.
This one-day symposium on October 26, 2018 will provide a platform for thought-provoking, industry-wide knowledge exchange.
Topics for this year’s conference include:
• Discussion around the new BC Energy Step Code and upcoming BC Building Code changes as they relate to building envelope requirements
• New guidelines on TEDI and energy modelling
• Whole building airtightness testing
• Acoustic requirements, thermal comfort and radiant heating
• The impact of climate change on building design and adaptation
This event is eligible for Continuing Education credits.
More Information and Registration
Please visit the event website.