- This event has passed.
Energy Modelling for Building Officials
July 16, 2020 @ 9:00 am to 11:00 am
Presented by: Susan MacDougall
When: July 16th from 9:00 – 11:00 am PST
Cost: BOABC members $ 95 + tax, Non-Members: 105 +tax
CPD Points: 1.5 Points
You can register via the link provide below or via the “Webinar Registration” link found on the home page of the website.
Registration Link: https://boabcaccess.org/session.php
This 2 hour workshop provides an overview of the energy efficiency and energy use metrics and targets within the BCESC.
We will discuss:
- BC Climate Zones and the different metrics for each
- What the BC Energy Step Code limits and does not limit in Part 3 and Part 9 buildings
- Part 3 terminology (TEUI, TEDI, and overheating hours) and Part 9 terminology (ACH at 50 Pa, TEUI, MEUI, PTL (for now), and TEDI)
- How Part 3 and Part 9 metrics are calculated
- How to evaluate overall energy consumption (TEUI) for a building and comment on whether it is within a normal range
- Airtightness metrics for Part 3 and for Part 9 and how modelling is impacted
- General administrative questions re: the application and interpretation of the BCESC, including inspections, plans, specifications, and professional design and review
Susan MacDougall has worked in the building industry for over 15 years and started Focal Engineering in 2015. She is an experienced designer, energy modeller and project manager with a passion for sustainability, which has been her career focus. Outside of Focal, Susan is an instructor with Passive House Canada and is in her 4th year as an elected Councillor with Engineers and Geoscientists BC.
Susan delivers Passive House training to building professionals in Canada as an instructor with Passive House Canada.