Note: Due to COVID-19, many training opportunities are moving online and on-demand. Our Training Opportunities page features a list of offerings organized by provider.
To help build and operate buildings safely, B.C. has published COVID-19 Resources for Building Construction and Operations.
For other COVID-19 information, visit B.C.’s COVID-19 support and information page.
- This event has passed.
120C: Exam Prep, Passive House Designer/Consultant Exam
September 7 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 9:00 am, repeating until September 9, 2020
Mon, Sep 7, 2020 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM PDT
Tue, Sep 8, 2020 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM PDT
Wed, Sep 9, 2020 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM PDT
The Passive House Designer/Consultant Exam is challenging, even for experienced architects and building professionals, so thorough preparation is essential. This two-day exam preparation course is specifically designed for those who have completed courses 120A and 120B (or equivalent), and who wish to write the exam to become a Certified Passive House professional. It gives participants the tools required to write a successful test.
Overviews of each topic that could potentially be tested in the exam will be presented and participants will be able to complete example test questions, including a design exercise, and will learn to identify common mistakes and discuss exam time management.
- Insulation and airtightness
- Thermal bridging
- Passive House design exercise
- Ventilation and heating
- Cumulative exercises and common mistakes
- Exam day: overview and tips
- Anyone pursuing the Certified Passive House Designer/Consultant designation
Learning resources provided
- Digital copy of course slides
- Webinar recordings
The instructor for this course will be Cillian Collins
Prerequisites / required knowledge and equipment/software
- 120A: Passive House Design and Construction, or equivalent
- 120B: Understanding and Working with the Passive House Planning Package, or equivalent
- Calculator, notebook, pens, ruler
- Please note that PHI now requires examinees to supply a valid PHPP registration number when writing the exam. PHPP can be purchased on our website here. Please allow at least 1 week for shipping.
Total number of learning hours: Seeking Accreditation
BC Housing (HPO): seeking accreditation
AIBC: seeking accreditation
AAA webinar credits: self-reported
APEG credits: self-reported
ARIDO credits: self-reported
OPPI credits: self-reported
EGBC credits: self-reported